This article provides common troubleshooting steps for the Fitbit Ultra.
Why is my Ultra unresponsive?
If your Ultra is being unresponsive:
- Restart your tracker. To do this, place your tracker on the base station and then press the gold button on the bottom of the base station with a toothpick, pen tip, or paper clip.
- If this does not fix the problem, restart your computer, leaving the base station unplugged until the restart is complete. Then plug your base station back in and try again.
- If restarting your computer does not fix the problem for you, please uninstall the Fitbit software, restart your computer, and then reinstall the Fitbit software.
Why is my Ultra showing TEST, PASS, or FAIL?
If your tracker displays the words "test," "pass," or "fail," it has entered diagnostic testing mode. If it says "pass" or "test," place it on the base station to let it reboot. If it says "fail," please contact Customer Support..
Why isn't Ultra charging?
If your Ultra is not holding a charge, try charging after each of these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Unplug and replug your base station into a functioning USB port. Try all available USB ports to make sure they are all functioning.
- Place your tracker on your base station in the opposite direction.
- Press the gold hole on the underside of the base station with a toothpick, pen tip, or paper clip.
- If you're on a PC, locate the Fitbit icon (near the time and date on your monitor). If the icon is red, please contact support.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit software. Your previously uploaded data will be safe.
Why isn't Ultra syncing?
Note that the Fitbit Ultra can't sync directly to Bluetooth 4.0 devicess. The Ultra can sync only when it is within range of your base station.
If your Ultra tracker isn't syncing to your dashboard, please do the following:
- Unplug your base station and restart your computer.
- Plug your base station back in, put your tracker on the base station and then wait 15 minutes.
- If a sync still hasn't occured after 15 minutes, uninstall the Fitbit software.
- Download the latest Fitbit software at fitbit.com/start/ultra.
- Once the software has downloaded, open it and log in with your existing Fitbit account information. Proceed to follow the onscreen setup instructions.
If you use a Mac and see the Fitbit icon bouncing in the dock, force quit the Fitbit software, then relaunch it by going to your applications folder and double-clicking the Fitbit icon.
If you use a PC, plug your base station into a USB outlet in your PC. Look for the Fitbit icon in the lower right corner of your system tray.
If the icon is teal and gray, your base station is working.
If the icon is red and gray, please unplug the base station and plug it back in. If the icon remains red, please contact Customer Support