If you won’t be using your tracker for a while, you can turn off Blaze, One, and Surge trackers to preserve battery life. For more tips, see Can I improve my tracker's battery life?
Note that shutting down your tracker doesn't delete any data.
To turn your Blaze off and on:
- Swipe right to left on the home screen to the Settings screen.
- Tap Settings and scroll down to Shutdown.
- Tap Shutdown and confirm.
- To turn your Blaze back on, press any button.
- Sync your tracker as soon as you turn it back on. If you don't, the time may be incorrect.
To turn your One off and on:
- Put your One in the charging cable and plug it in.
- Hold the button for 12 seconds. The battery icon will disappear after about 5 seconds but keep holding the button a few seconds longer. Your One will turn off and you can remove it from the charging cable.
- To turn your One back on, press and hold the button for a few seconds.
To turn your Surge off and on:
- Press the Home button (left) and then swipe to the Settings screen.
- Tap Settings and swipe until you see Shutdown.
- Tap the arrow on the bottom right.
- Tap the checkmark to confirm shutdown.
- To turn your Surge back on, press any button.
You don’t need to turn off your tracker when flying in an airplane. For more information, see What should I know about traveling with my Fitbit?