If your Android device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:
- Your Fitbit tracker might stop syncing or stop receiving call, text, and calendar notifications.
- You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.
These interruptions are typically caused by an operating system limitation on many Android mobile devices. It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue. We recommend trying these steps:
- Turn off the Always Connected option your tracker settings in the Fitbit app.
- Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
- Check to see if your mobile device has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, you'll need to disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.
The API used in these apps makes it difficult for Fitbit to communicate reliably with your mobile device. Ford provides a list of apps but note that other companies may use the API as well.