Free product improvements and bug fixes are occasionally made available through firmware updates. For details about each firmware update, see What has changed in the latest tracker update?
Updating your tracker is simple and can be done using the Fitbit.com dashboard on your computer, or by using the Fitbit app on your mobile device. Fitbit Connect instructions are below; for mobile instructions, see:
Updating your Fitbit tracker can take several minutes and is demanding on the battery. During an update we recommend keeping your tracker plugged into its charging cable.
To get the latest firmware:
- Ensure that your tracker is near your computer and that your wireless sync dongle is plugged in.
- Unless you installed Fitbit Connect for the first time recently, verify that you're using the latest version:
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.
If you cannot find the icon, you may need to reinstall Fitbit Connect from http://www.fitbit.com/setup.
- Click Open Main Menu...
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Below the Fitbit Connect number, click Check for updates.
- Go back to the main menu and click Check for device update.
- When prompted, log into your Fitbit account. Fitbit Connect will sync your tracker and then look for a firmware update.
- If an update is found, Fitbit Connect will display a progress bar until the update finishes. If your tracker has a screen, you'll also see a progress bar there. Keep your tracker close to the computer during the update. When the update is done you'll see a confirmation message and your tracker will restart. You're all set.
If the update process fails:
- Restart your tracker using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker? and then try the update again.
- If the update is still unsuccessful and you have a compatible mobile device, try updating the tracker using the Fitbit app.