Fitbit devices automatically calculate your stride length based on several factors. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?
If your distance measurement seems inaccurate, follow the steps below to calculate your stride length and add it to your Fitbit account.
How do I calculate my stride length?
To measure your walking stride length:
- Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
- Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
- Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.
Your running stride can be calculated the same way if you run instead of walk.
How do I change my stride length?
To change your stride length:
- Tap the Today tab , and tap your profile picture.
- Tap Advanced Settings > Stride Length.
- Adjust your stride length.
- From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon > Settings.
- Click Personal Info.
- Under Advanced Settings, find Stride Length and click Edit.
- Click Set Your Own and adjust your stride length.
- Click Submit and sync your device.