How do I turn off my Fitbit device?
You can turn off certain Fitbit devices to preserve battery life. If you don't see your device listed below, it doesn't turn off.
For battery preservation tips, see Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
Note that shutting down your device doesn't delete any data.
- From the home screen, swipe left to the Settings screen.
- Tap Settings Shutdown and confirm.
- To turn Blaze back on, press any button.
- Sync your tracker as soon as you turn it back on. If you don't, the time may be incorrect.
- Listen for a tone and audio notification. If you turned on Flyer, you'll hear the current battery level and number of connected devices. If you turned off Flyer, you'll hear the current battery level. Flyer turns off automatically if you haven't played music or received a phone call for 10 minutes.
If Flyer doesn't turn on when you press and hold the Power button, charge your headphones. For more information about charging Flyer, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
If Flyer is turned on, but isn't connected to a device, see How do I connect Flyer to my audio devices?
Ionic, Versa, Versa Lite Edition, and Versa 2
- On your watch, open the Settings app About Shutdown confirm the shutdown.
- To turn your watch back on, press the back button.
- Put One in the charging cable and plug it in.
- Hold the button for 12 seconds. When One is off, you can remove it from the charging cable.
- To turn One back on, press and hold the button for a few seconds.
Sense series, Versa 3, and Versa 4
- On your watch, open the Settings app Shut down confirm the shutdown.
- To turn your watch back on, press and hold the button until you feel your watch vibrate.
- Press the Home button (left), and then swipe to the Settings screen.
- Tap Settings Shutdown.
- Tap the arrow on the bottom right, then tap the checkmark to confirm shutdown.
- To turn Surge back on, press any button.
Was this information helpful?