Delete your Fitbit account in the Fitbit app to delete your Fitbit data associated with your account. If you linked your Fitbit Coach account to your Fitbit account, when you delete your account you'll also delete your Fitbit Coach account.
You can do all of the following tasks without deleting your Fitbit account:
*Set up a new or replacement Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I set up my Fitbit device?
*Remove a device from your Fitbit account. For more information, see How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?
*Change the email address associated with your Fitbit account. For more information, see How do I manage my Fitbit profile?
How do I delete my Fitbit account?
For instructions on how to delete your Fitbit account, choose your device below.
- Tap the Today tab , and tap your profile picture.
- Scroll down and tap Manage Data.
- Tap Delete Account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon > Settings.
- Scroll down and click Delete Account and follow the on-screen instructions.
How long will it take to delete my Fitbit account?
- First 7 days: If you change your mind after you confirm your request to have your account deleted, you have 7 days to recover it—log in to your account to restore access to your Fitbit data.
- After 7 days: Your account is frozen and can’t be recovered.
- Within 30-90 days: Most of your personal account info is deleted within 30 days of when you confirm your deletion request. This includes any subscriptions you have, like for Fitbit Coach. It may take up to 90 days to delete all of your personal info, like the data recorded by your Fitbit device and other data stored in our backup systems. This is due to the size and complexity of the systems we use to store data.
If you later engage with Fitbit's products and services, such as placing an order on fitbit.com or signing up for a new Fitbit account, or if you receive a friend request, you'll receive an email confirming the activity.