The fitbit.com website contains product information for all Fitbit products. The dashboard, which you see after you log in, houses your Fitbit account data.
How do I sign into my account?
Do I have to pay to use the tools provided by fitbit.com?
The Fitbit dashboard is completely free to use, even if you haven't purchased a Fitbit product.
Can I use the Fitbit dashboard if I don't own any Fitbit products?
You can use the Fitbit website without owning a Fitbit device. In order to provide the most complete picture of your overall health, we recommend you use a Fitbit tracker, watch, or scale and website together. However, you can also use the website to manually log your food or activity without using a Fitbit device.
Why should I use the dashboard?
To work properly, your Fitbit devices must be paired to your fitbit.com account. If not, the tracker or watch's clock is incorrect and the scale cannot give a body fat reading.
By syncing your activity to the website, you can view your steps and distance over time, graph your weight changes, view your food intake versus caloric burn, see how well you are sleeping, interact with friends, earn badges for your fitness achievements, and much more.
How do I use dashboard tiles?
Information on your fitbit.com dashboard is arranged in tiles that you can add, delete, edit, and rearrange to best suit your needs. New tiles are frequently added and include Steps, Floors, Sleep, Hourly Activity, Calories Burned, Distance, Friends, Weight, Top Badges, and more.
To add a tile:
- Click the Menu icon on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click the check box next to the tile you'd like to add.
- Click Done. You can rearrange tiles by clicking and dragging them to the spot you prefer.
To remove a tile and add it back in the menu:
- Hover your mouse over the bottom of the tile you want to remove.
- Click the gear icon.
- Click the trash icon > Remove.
To edit individual goal tiles:
You can edit your individually-tracked fitness goals (e.g. steps, calories burned, distance).
- Hover your mouse at the bottom of the tile you'd like to edit and click the gear icon.
- Follow the instructions on the tile to edit your goal.
- Click Done.
To modify your daily activity goals:
- Hover your mouse over the bottom of the Today tile and click the gear icon.
- To remove an activity goal, uncheck the goal you want to remove. Note that you can't remove your daily step goal.
- To edit an activity goal, find the goal you'd like to adjust, and make your changes.
- Click Done.
To add an activity goal back in the Today tile, follow the steps above and check the goal you previously removed.
To get more detail:
For most tiles, you can see more detail by hovering your mouse over the bottom of the tile and choosing Quick View or See More.