How do I change or reset my Fitbit password?
Reset your Fitbit password if you forget it or want to change it. For security purposes, your new password must be different from your last three Fitbit account passwords.
Creating a secure, unique password for each of your online accounts is very important. If a scammer gets even one password, they can begin to access your other accounts. We suggest changing your password periodically.
A strong password has the following characteristics:
- Unique to each website or mobile app you use
- At least eight 8 characters long (the longer, the better)
- Includes lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and special characters such as ~!@#$%^&
- A combination of words with unusual capitalization, numbers, and special characters interspersed
- Not a word or date easily associated with you (like family names, a pet’s name, or birthdates)
- Something you can easily remember. While it’s not a good idea to use a single dictionary word for a password (such as “dictionary”), you can create a short phrase made up of dictionary words (such as “My1stDictionaryWasBlue!”).
Passwords are case sensitive. For example, "getF1T!?" and "GeTF1T!?" are different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use, and make sure that the Caps Lock key isn’t on.