Challenges are a fun way to help you stay motivated. Compete with friends and family, or complete personal, non-competitive journeys.
With a Fitbit Premium subscription, you can customize different challenges to compete with family and friends. For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Premium?
What are the types of Fitbit challenges?
Choose from five races:
- Daily Showdown—Who can get the most steps today?
- Weekend Warrior—Who can get the most steps over the weekend?
- Workweek Hustle—Who can get the most steps Monday through Friday?
- Goal Day—How many participants can reach their daily step goal?
- Family Faceoff—Which member of your Fitbit family account can get the most steps Monday through Friday?
- Adventures—Choose between non-competitive solo journeys or challenge friends to the finish line across real life locations.
How do I start a challenge in the Fitbit app?
- In the Fitbit app, tap the Discover tab > Challenges & Adventures.
- Swipe to see the challenge types, and tap to choose a challenge.
- Find the option to invite other players and choose among your Fitbit friends, Fitbit family account members, and contacts. You can see your phone contacts and any Facebook friends who are Fitbit users but not yet your Fitbit friends. Any person from these lists that you invite to the challenge will also be added as a Fitbit friend.
- If you'd prefer to compete against yourself, skip the step for adding friends, or start a solo adventure instead of a non-competitive journey.
Who can participate in Fitbit challenges and adventures?
Up to 30 people can join an adventure race. For other challenges, a maximum of 11 people can participate depending on the challenge type.
Which stats can Fitbit challenge participants see?
Challenge participants can see each other's profile image, posted messages, total steps in the challenge, personal stats, and achievements.
Can I join a Fitbit challenge that already started?
Invitees have 24 hours to accept an invitation. If people join after the challenge starts, their step data for the entire length of the challenge will count towards the challenge.
Can I invite more friends after a Fitbit challenge has started?
After a challenge is begins, you can still invite other Fitbit friends. Open the challenge and find the option to invite other people.
Do I need a Fitbit device to participate in a challenge?
People who don't have a Fitbit device can still participate in a challenge using MobileTrack. For more information, see How do I use MobileTrack?
How do I earn trophies during Fitbit challenges?
Earn trophies by coming in first place in a challenge or completing your goal. You can also earn trophies for achieving a personal best in a challenge or for achieving your step goal for each day of the challenge.
Can I share my Fitbit challenge results with friends?
After a challenge is over and all participants have synced their data, you'll see the challenge results. You can share your trophy or badge with friends and family. For instructions, see What should I know about my Fitbit badges?
Are there any steps that won't count toward a Fitbit challenge?
At this time, only steps from your Fitbit device or MobileTrack count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.
Do GPS activities count toward Fitbit challenges?
If you track a GPS activity using your phone and the Fitbit app (called a MobileRun) during a challenge, be sure to bring your Fitbit device along; as long as you have your device with you, those steps will count towards your challenge totals.
If your Fitbit device offers GPS, steps from GPS activities and non-GPS activities are both counted towards a challenge because you're wearing your device.
How do I stop getting notified about Fitbit challenges?
Fitbit keeps you updated on the challenge by sending push notifications or email.
- Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon Settings > Notifications.
- Find Challenges, and adjust your notification preferences
- Click Save.
How do I quit a Fitbit challenge?
At this time, you can only quit an active challenge. Finished challenges will remain visible for two days. After two days, the finished challenges disappear.
To quit an active challenge, open it and find Options, then tap Quit.
What happens if the Fitbit challenge participants are in different time zones?
The challenge begins and ends in the challenge owner's time zone, so if you're in a different time zone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats.