If you followed the steps in How do I control music with my Fitbit device? but still have trouble, try the tips below. Note that you can't store playlists on Fitbit Versa Lite Edition.
Why can't I control music on my phone from my Fitbit watch?
If you recently listened to music stored on Ionic or Versa series, you may need to change the source to your phone:
- On your watch, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap the music controls icon .
- Tap the 3 dots icon .
- Tap the phone icon to change the source.
- Press the back button to return to the track listing. On this screen, you can play or pause the track or skip to the next track depending on the app.
Why don't I see the track playing on my phone on my Fitbit device's screen?
If you don't see the track, try these troubleshooting tips:
- If you see "Music unselected" or "No music" on your Fitbit device's screen, make sure that music is playing on your nearby phone.
- If your Fitbit device is paired to an Android or Windows 10 phone, make sure Bluetooth Classic is enabled:
- Open the Settings app on your Fitbit device > Bluetooth > Pair.
- On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth settings where paired devices are listed. Your phone will scan for available devices.
- When you see Classic next to your Fitbit device, tap it.
Why can't I control music on my phone from my Fitbit Blaze?
If you see "Not connected" or "Connecting..." on your screen, try again to control music after each step:
- On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Blaze.
- For Android and Windows 10 phones, make sure Blaze is included in the list of devices paired to your phone. If not, set up music control again. For instructions, see How do I control music with my Fitbit device?
- For iPhones, make sure Blaze is Connected in the list of devices paired to your phone.
- For Android phones running Android 8.0 or later, make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?
- If you have an Android or Windows 10 phone, open Settings on Blaze and confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to Pair. Then switch Bluetooth Classic from Pair to something else and then back to Pair.
- Restart your Fitbit device. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?.
- Restart your phone.
If you continue to have trouble, contact Customer Support
Why can't I control music from the Spotify app on my Fitbit device?
|Make sure your phone has access to the internet, either through Wi-Fi or a cellular data signal. |
|Your watch can’t communicate with your phone. Follow the troubleshooting steps in Why won’t my Fitbit device sync?|
|To log in to your Spotify account, follow the instructions in How do I control music with my Fitbit device?|
|You must have a Spotify Premium account to use the Spotify app on your watch. See support.spotify.com for more information on Spotify Premium.|
|Open the Spotify app on the device you want to control. In order to control your music from your watch, you must be logged in to the same Spotify account on both devices.|