By connecting your Fitbit account with another app, you can share data between the app and your Fitbit account. If you encounter any issues syncing your Fitbit account with another app, contact the developer of the app.
How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?
Connect another app to your Fitbit account:
- Log in to your account on the app or website of a company that offers Fitbit integration, such as MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, or Runkeeper.
- Find the section for connecting another account. This section is often called "Apps" or "Connect."
- Follow the on-screen instructions and log in to your Fitbit account when prompted.
For instructions on connecting your Fitbit account with Strava or Weight Watchers, choose a section below:
To connect your Fitbit and Strava accounts:
- Visit strava.fitbit.com and tap or click Connect.
- Log in to your Strava account.
- When prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account and follow the on-screen instructions.
Your Fitbit activities will appear on Strava, and runs and rides tracked with Strava will contribute to your all-day Fitbit stats. If you have a Fitbit watch, use the Strava app on your watch to see your last 10 run or bike exercises. If you want to export your GPS data from your Fitbit account to Strava, see How do I export Fitbit data?
Note the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:
- Non-GPS activities
- Previous activities that weren’t tracked by Strava.
- Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.
Note that after linking your accounts you may see some differences in the way data is calculated for your exercises on each site. For more information, see Strava's Calorie Calculation article.
Connect your Fitbit account to a Weight Watchers account in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom. When your Fitbit data syncs with Weight Watchers, it's automatically converted to Weight Watchers activity points.
To connect your Fitbit account in the Weight Watchers app:
- Tap the profile icon in the top right, then tap the gear icon.
- Tap Activity Settings.
- Tap Device. Note If you already have a device connected to your Weight Watchers account, tap Disconnect. Weight Watchers allows you to connect only one device to your account.
- Tap No devices connected > Fitbit.
- Tap Continue to connect your Fitbit account..
To connect your Fitbit account from a web browser:
- Log in to your Weight Watchers account and click the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to Activity and click Device.
- If you already have a device connected to your Weight Watchers account, click Disconnect. Weight Watchers allows you to connect only one device to your account.
- Click Fitbit to connect your Fitbit account.
How do I manage apps connected to my Fitbit account?
Manage the apps connected to your Fitbit account:
- Tap the Today tab , and tap your profile picture.
- Scroll down and tap Manage Data > Manage 3rd Party Apps.
- Log in to your Fitbit account.
- Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account.
- From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon > Settings > Applications.
- Click Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account.
Data shared with third-party developers is governed by the developers’ privacy policies and terms of service. Fitbit cannot remove information they store once you give them permission to access your Fitbit data. You can revoke access for an app at any time by visiting your app settings.
Apps created by third-party developers must follow the API Terms of Service. If you believe an app is not following these policies, please contact our support team at dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/help. When a third-party app requests permission to access or modify your Fitbit data, it lists the specific types of data it would like permission for. These permissions map to specific Fitbit API requests the app will be able to make on your behalf.
For information on developing your own third-party app, see dev.fitbit.com.