Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
After you create a Fitbit account and set up your device, the data your Fitbit device collects syncs with your Fitbit dashboard.
For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data? and Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?
Having trouble syncing with your iPhone or iPad? Try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:
*On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
*Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.
Sync your Fitbit device automatically when you open the Fitbit app or manually by tapping your profile picture > your device tile > Sync Now.
If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, follow the troubleshooting steps below depending on your device:
- You have the Fitbit app open and on the Today tab on your nearby phone or tablet while you complete a weigh-in.
- The latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet.
- The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- Your phone or tablet isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit scale, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
- If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
- Your Fitbit scale's battery isn't critically low.
- Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
- Turn your phone or tablet off and back on.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
- If your Fitbit scale won't sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone or tablet and try to sync.
- If your Fitbit scale still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.
Aria & Aria 2
After weighing in on Fitbit Aria or Fitbit Aria 2, the scale should display a progress bar, followed by a check mark, which indicates the new measurement synced successfully.
If the scale doesn't sync, you may see one of the following error messages on the scale’s screen:
- NO SYNC
- WIFI Symbol with an “X”
- WRONG PASSWORD
- CONNECTION ERROR
- CAN'T CONNECT
- NO WIFI
- WEAK SIGNAL
- No error message, but the measurement doesn't sync to your Fitbit account
If any of these conditions occur, try weighing yourself again. If the scale successfully syncs, it may have been a temporary issue that doesn't require further troubleshooting. If the problem persists, try the following tips:
- Check that your router is on and working. If other devices are also unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network, restart your router.
- Remove the batteries from your scale for 10 seconds, then reinsert them to restart your scale.
- If you've made any changes to your network, such as a new router, network name, or password, see How do I reconnect my Fitbit scale to my wireless network?
- Your scale may be too far away from your router. Several walls, floors, or objects between the scale and router can cause interference. Try moving the scale closer to your router.
- The network may have too much traffic or there are too many other Wi-Fi networks nearby. Don't use public Wi-Fi to sync your scale.