How do I wear my Fitbit device?
Make every step count by wearing your Fitbit device correctly.
For wrist-based devices, place your device around your wrist. For clip-based devices, choose to wear the device around your wrist or in the clip accessory (sold separately) attached to your clothing.
For step-by-step instructions, choose your device on the Fitbit help site to review the user manual.
- Wear your Fitbit device on top of your wrist. For best results, the back of your device should be in contact with your skin for features like heart-rate tracking, Fitbit Pay, and detecting when you’re wearing your device.
- Find your fit—your device should feel comfortably secure, not too loose or too tight.
- When you’re not working out, wear your device a finger’s width above your wrist bone. If your device tracks heart rate, wear it a bit tighter and higher on your wrist while exercising.
For more information, see How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device?
- Update your Wrist setting in the Fitbit app if you decide to wear your device on your dominant wrist (the one you use for writing and eating) instead of on your non-dominant wrist. For more information, see How do I change the wrist setting on my Fitbit device?
- Fitbit devices are meant to be worn day and night, so it’s important to keep your band clean and dry. For details, review our Wear and Care tips.
If you experience any discomfort, loosen the band, and if it persists give your wrist a break by taking it off.
- Wear your device close to your body with the screen facing outward. Secure the clip tightly to a shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband. Try out a few different locations to see what's most comfortable and secure for you.
- If you experience skin irritation when wearing your device on your bra or waistband, clip it to an external piece of clothing instead, such as your belt or pocket.
- If you previously wore Fitbit Inspire or Fitbit Inspire 2 in the band, press and hold the button or buttons on your device, and tap On Wrist to change your device to On Clip .
Note that all Fitbit devices contain ferromagnetic materials that may be attracted to an MRI scanner. We recommend that you avoid using Fitbit devices in the vicinity of MRI scanners.
For more information, see How do I change my band on my Fitbit device?
Change the wrist setting from your non-dominant wrist to your dominant one in the Fitbit app.
- Tap the Today tab and tap your profile picture.
- Tap your device image.
- Tap Wrist > Dominant.