Battery life is the amount of time your Fitbit device runs after it’s charged to 100%. To maximize battery life, turn off or reduce your use of certain features.
What is the estimated battery life for my Fitbit device?
Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary.
|Device Name||Battery Life|
|Fitbit Versa 2*||6+ days|
Fitbit Versa Lite Edition
|Fitbit Ace series|
Fitbit Charge 2
Fitbit Flex 2
Fitbit Inspire series
|Up to 5 days|
|Fitbit Alta HR|
Fitbit Charge 3
|Up to 7 days|
|Fitbit One||Up to 2 weeks|
|Fitbit Zip||Up to 6 months|
|Fitbit Flyer||6-hour playtime|
Note that after several hundred charge cycles, your device may need to be charged more often.*When always-on display is turned on, Versa 2 has a battery life of up to 3 days.
**When on-board GPS is used continuously, Ionic has a battery life of up to 10 hours.
What are tips to extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
- Keep in mind that it can take up to 2 hours to charge your device to 100%. Avoid charging your device in extreme cold or heat—below 32°F and above 113° F (below 0° C and above 45° C). For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
- Prevent the screen from turning on each time you turn your wrist. If you move your hands a lot, your device’s screen may turn on more often than you realize. For more information, see How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?
- Dim the screen or turn on auto brightness on Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa series. In the Settings app on your device, find the brightness setting, and tap to change it.
- Turn off the always-on display setting on Fitbit Versa 2. For more information, see How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?
- Turn off notifications you don’t need, including alerts from apps on your phone, alarms, and reminders to move. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device? and What is a Fitbit reminder to move?
- Reduce your use of music control, music apps, Fitbit Pay, and connected or built-in GPS.
- Consider changing your clock face, as animated clock faces may require more frequent charging. For more information, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
- Turn off certain Fitbit devices when you’re not using them. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?
How do I store my Fitbit device long term?
If you want to store your device for several weeks or months, charge it to 100%, then turn off the device to avoid additional battery use. Note that you can only turn off certain Fitbit devices. Don’t leave your device plugged in on the charger during storage. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?
For trackers, charge the device to 100% at least once every 6 months; for watches, charge the device to 100% at least once per year.
Store your device in a cool, moisture-free place.