We recommend that you occasionally:
- Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
- Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
- Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
- Clean the pins on your charging cable:
- Clean the pins carefully with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Make sure that no pieces of the swab are left behind.
Note: Fitbit devices that count floors have a small hole (altimeter sensor) on the back of the device. Don’t insert any items, such as paper clips, into this hole as you can damage your device.
For additional cleaning instructions, see our Wear and Care