How do I use a voice assistant on my Fitbit smartwatch?
Check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices, and more by speaking to a voice assistant on Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, and Fitbit Versa 3.
From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image.
- Tap Amazon Alexa > Sign in with Amazon.
- Tap Get Started.
- Log in to your Amazon account or create one if necessary.
- Read about what Alexa can do, and tap Close to return to your device settings in the Fitbit app.
To change the language Alexa recognizes or disconnect your Amazon account:
- From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image.
- Tap Amazon Alexa and adjust your settings.
- Open the Alexa app on your watch.
Note that the Fitbit app must be running in the background on your phone.
- Say your request.
You don't need to say "Alexa" before speaking your request. For example:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Set an alarm for 8:00 a.m.
- What's the temperature outside?
- Remind me to make dinner at 6:00 p.m.
- How much protein is in an egg?
- Ask Fitbit to start a run.*
- Start a bike ride with Fitbit.*
*To ask Alexa to open the Exercise app on your watch, set up the Fitbit skill for Alexa. For more information, see How do I enable more skills for Alexa on my Fitbit watch? These commands are currently available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese.
Note that saying “Alexa” doesn’t activate Alexa on your watch—you must activate Alexa before the microphone in your watch turns on.
- Open the Alexa app on your watch.
- Tap the alerts icon in the top right, and swipe left or right to navigate between alarms, reminders, and timers.
- Tap an alarm to turn it on or off. To adjust or cancel a reminder or timer, tap the Alexa icon and say your request.
Note that Alexa's alarms and timers are separate from those you set in the Alarms app or Timer app .
No. The microphone in your watch only turns on when you’re using a feature that requires your voice, such as a voice assistant. The microphone turns off when the voice assistant responds, when you close the voice assistant, or when your watch’s screen turns off.
No. Fitbit doesn't collect any voice data or audio clips from your watch.
For added functionality, install the Amazon Alexa app on your phone. With the app, your watch can access additional Alexa skills. Note that not all skills work with your watch, as they must be able to display feedback as text on the watch’s screen.
Add the Fitbit skill to ask Alexa to open the Exercise app or start a workout for you.
- In the Amazon Alexa app on your phone, find the Fitbit skill.
- Tap or click Enable.
- Log in using your Fitbit account credentials and give permission for Alexa to access your profile and data.
For more information about Alexa skills, see amazon.com.
|The Alexa tile doesn’t appear in my Fitbit app.||Alexa on your Fitbit device is only supported in certain countries.|
|I can’t sign in to my Amazon account during setup.|
|“Connection Lost” error||
|“No Internet” error||Your phone must have an internet connection, either through Wi-Fi or a cellular data signal.|
|“Set Up Alexa” error||Follow the instructions in How do I set up a voice assistant on my Fitbit smartwatch? If you already set up Alexa, sync your watch.|
|When setting an alarm or reminder, my time zone is incorrect.||To change the time zone Alexa uses, follow the instructions on amazon.com.|
|When I ask Alexa for directions, Alexa can’t get my exact location.||
Turn on location services:
Note that not all countries support location information.
|My reminder doesn’t show if it’s recurring in the list of reminders on my watch.||Each reminder only shows the next time you’ll receive it, not whether it’s recurring or not. However, it will recur as expected.|
|My alarm, notification, or reminder didn’t alert me.||Charge your watch and try again. If your watch’s battery is below 8%, your watch won’t vibrate.|
I can’t cancel my alarm, reminder, or timer.
My alarm, reminder, or timer doesn’t show up on my watch.
Log out of Alexa, then log back in:
|My voice assistant uses the wrong language.||
Change the language your voice assistant uses in the Fitbit app:
Note that if your Fitbit device language differs from the language your voice assistant uses, you may see a mix of both languages.
|My voice assistant has trouble understanding me.||If you recently went swimming or got your watch wet, there might be water in the microphone. Wait a few minutes for the microphone to dry, then try again to use your voice assistant.|