How do I use the Coach app on my Fitbit watch?
The Coach app on Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa series* provides workouts on your wrist. When you're finished with the workout, find your results in your exercise history.
*This app isn't available on Fitbit Versa Lite Edition.
Note that workouts in the Coach app are battery-intensive; make sure your watch is fully charged before you start a workout.
- On your watch, open the Fitbit Coach app .
- Choose your workout. To preview the workout, tap the menu icon in the top right.
- When you’re ready, tap the Play icon in the bottom right corner. You’ll see a 10 second preview.
- To skip the preview, tap the Play icon again. Your watch vibrates when it’s time to start and stop.
- During the workout, you can tap the Pause button in the bottom right corner. After pausing, you can skip a move or end your session.
- At the end of the session, you see a review of your workout that includes calories burned, average heart rate, max heart rate, and workout duration.
Three workouts are immediately available on your watch:
- 10-Minute Abs
- 7-Minute Workout
- Treasure Chest
Create a Fitbit Coach account for more workouts, including 1 personalized workout. To create a Fitbit Coach account, download the Fitbit Coach app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or visit coach.fitbit.com. If you have a basic (free) Fitbit Coach account linked to your Fitbit account, you have 1 personalized workout and 2 recommended workouts on your watch.
Upgrade to a premium subscription for even more workouts on your watch. For more information about Premium subscriptions, see About Fitbit Coach. If you have a Premium Fitbit Coach account linked to your Fitbit account, you have 1 personalized workout and 4-6 recommended workouts on your watch.
In order to receive personalized workouts, you must first complete the Fit Test and choose a program from the Fitbit Coach app or website. For more information about getting started with Fitbit Coach, see About Fitbit Coach.
Personalized and recommended workouts update periodically when you sync your watch with the Fitbit app. You must complete the personalized workout in order to receive a new one.
To link your Fitbit Coach account with your Fitbit account, follow the instructions in About Fitbit Coach.
To control music playing from your phone or listen to music stored on your watch during your workout, open a music app, select your playlist, and then return to the Fitbit Coach app. Pair a Bluetooth audio device, such as headphones or a speaker, to your watch to listen to music. For more information, see How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?