About Fitbit Ionic
Fitbit Ionic is the watch designed for your life. Find the guidance to reach your goals with dynamic workouts, built-in GPS, continuous heart-rate tracking, and more.
Swipe up from the clock face on Ionic to access Fitbit Today, which tracks up to 7 of these stats:
- Core Stats: steps taken today, calories burned, distance covered, floors climbed, active minutes, and goal history over the past 7 days
- Hourly Steps: steps taken this hour and the number of hours you met your hourly activity goal
- Heart Rate: current heart rate and either your heart-rate zone or resting heart rate (if not in a zone), time spent in each heart-rate zone, and your cardio fitness score
- Exercise: number of days you met your exercise goal this week and up to 5 of your most recently tracked exercises
- Cycle track: information on the current stage of your menstrual cycle, if applicable
- Sleep: time spent asleep, sleep score, time spent in each sleep stage, and your sleep history over the past 7 days
- Water: water intake logged today and history over the past 7 days
- Food: calories eaten, calories remaining, and your macronutrient breakdown by percentage
- Weight: remaining weight left to lose or gain to reach your goal, your current weight, and your progress since you last set your weight goal
- Badges: the next daily and lifetime badges you’ll unlock
Each tile can be swiped left or right to view the complete set of stats. Tap the + icon on the water tile or weight tile to log an entry.
Note that Fitbit Today shows a maximum of 7 tiles. To choose the tiles you want to see, tap Settings at the bottom of the page and select up to 7 stats to track.
To reorder the tiles, press and hold a row, then drag it up or down to change its position.
Sync Ionic to your Fitbit dashboard and find your daily and historical stats, exercise history, sleep data, and more:
- Your exercise history includes the workouts you track with the Exercise app and Fitbit Coach app , as well as activities that Ionic detects automatically through the SmartTrack feature. For more information on automatic exercise detection, see How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device?
- Your sleep log shows the time you spent in light, deep, and REM sleep plus time awake. For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?
- Your activity log shows your stationary versus active hours of the day. For more information, see What are the reminders I see on my Fitbit device?
- Your cardio fitness score gives you a comparative assessment of aerobic health. For more information, see What is my cardio fitness score?
Get more precise stats when you track specific exercises with the Exercise app on Ionic. Choose from over a dozen exercise types to customize the app with your favorites. Some exercises, like running, biking, and hiking, automatically use GPS to capture additional stats such as a map of your route and elevation gained. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?
For instructions on how to change your clock face, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
Ionic can alert you to calls, texts, calendar events, emails, and other push notifications from apps on your nearby phone. Ionic stores your 30 most recent notifications and automatically deletes them after 24 hours. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
To wake you up in the morning or alert you at a certain time of day, you can set up to 8 silent alarms to go off every day or on particular days. Set a time for the alarm to vibrate, or use Smart Wake to allow Ionic to find the best time to wake you starting 30 minutes before the set time. For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?
The Relax app on Ionic provides personalized guided breathing sessions to help you find moments of calm throughout the day. You can choose between 2-minute and 5-minute long sessions. For more information, see What should I know about the Relax app on my Fitbit device?
Store several hours worth of your favorite playlists in the Music app on Ionic. Pair Fitbit Flyer or another Bluetooth audio device to Ionic to listen to your music and podcasts without needing your phone. For more information, see How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? and How do I connect Bluetooth audio devices to my Fitbit watch?
With the Deezer app for Ionic, you can download your Deezer playlists and Flow directly to your watch. For more information, see How do I listen to Deezer playlists on my Fitbit watch?
If you live in the United States, you can also use the Pandora app to download stations to Ionic. For more information, see How do I listen to Pandora stations on my Fitbit watch?
With Fitbit Pay , you can add your credit and debit cards to Ionic. Make contactless payments right from your watch. For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?
The Fitbit Coach app provides guided bodyweight workouts on your wrist to help you stay fit anywhere. For more information, see How do I use the Coach app on my Fitbit watch?
Install additional apps using the Fitbit App Gallery. For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit device?
Ionic tracks your stationary time during the day and reminds you to move. At 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration if you haven't walked at least 250 steps. Check your dashboard to see which hours during the day you met the 250-step goal and compare your hourly activity levels over time. For more information, see What are the reminders I see on my Fitbit device?
The housing and buckle on Ionic are made of anodized aluminum. While anodized aluminum can contain traces of nickel, which can cause an allergic reaction in someone with nickel sensitivity, the amount of nickel in all Fitbit products meets the European Union's stringent Nickel Directive.
The band that comes with Ionic is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. It does not contain latex. Accessory wristbands are available in genuine leather.
For our leather wristbands we selected tanneries that provide leathers widely used across the fashion accessories industry. Following a careful selection process, the leather is colored and treated to achieve a soft natural grain. The leather wristbands are crafted to maintain the natural look and feel of leather and hand sorted to achieve consistency in texture. You can expect the wristbands to become more flexible over time as they conform to your wrist. Note that leather wristbands are not recommended for high-intensity exercise. For information on caring for your leather band, see our Wear and Care page.