Why can't I download music and podcasts to my Fitbit watch?
To add music to your watch using the Music app , follow the steps in How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? If you're unable to download playlists to your watch, try the troubleshooting steps below.
For Deezer troubleshooting steps, see How do I listen to Deezer playlists on my Fitbit watch?
For Pandora troubleshooting steps, see How do I listen to Pandora stations on my Fitbit watch?
First make sure that your Wi-Fi network is working correctly and that your network type is compatible with your watch. Follow the instructions in Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?
After you verify the network is compatible, plug your watch into the charger and make sure it’s in range of your Wi-Fi network. For a stronger Wi-Fi connection, move your watch closer to your router.
Wi-Fi won’t work on your watch when the battery level is below approximately 25%.
To download personal music and podcasts, your watch and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps below to verify your devices are connected to the same network and then try again to download your playlists:
- In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab , then tap your profile picture.
- Tap your watch tile > Wi-Fi Settings.
- Make sure your watch and computer are connected to the same network. To see which network your computer is on, click the Wi-Fi symbol on your screen.
- If your watch and computer are connected to different networks, manually connect your watch to the same network as your computer. Return to the Wi-Fi settings screen in the Fitbit app, tap the network name, and tap Connect.
- Open the Music app on your watch and then tap Transfer Music to try again. Note that it may take up to a minute for your playlists to appear on your computer's screen.
If you still have trouble downloading your playlists, complete the steps below:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
- Sync your Fitbit watch with your dashboard. For instructions, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
- Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
- Open the Music app on your watch and then tap Transfer Music.
- Remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and try again to download your playlists. For Windows 10, don't minimize the window until the transfer is complete.
Your watch only stays in transfer mode for a few minutes. If you took a few extra minutes to choose your playlists, restart the download if you don’t see “Use your computer to start transferring music” on your watch's screen. To do so, tap Transfer Music on your watch again and wait a few moments for the download to start. For best results, plug your watch into the charger before downloading music.
If you still having trouble downloading your playlists, contact Customer Support.