How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
Fitbit devices offer various designs for your clock screen.
To change your clock face:
- With your device nearby, in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
- Tap Clock Faces > All Clocks.
- Browse the available clock faces. Tap the clock face you want and tap Select to install it.
- Sync your device to see the change.
Note the following on Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa series:
- To update the clock face on your watch, you must have no more than 38 apps installed.
- Some clock faces have different color themes or other settings. To adjust the settings of a clock face, tap the installed clock face > Settings.
- Many clock faces also require access to certain stats or other information. Note that turning off any of these permissions might cause the clock face to stop functioning. To adjust what a clock face has access to, tap the installed clock face > See all details > Permissions.
On Ionic and Versa series, save up to 5 clock faces to switch between them:
- When you select a new clock face, it’s automatically saved unless you already have 5 saved clock faces.
- To save a new clock face when you already have 5 saved clock faces, remove a saved clock face before switching to the new one. If you switch to the new clock face without first removing a saved clock face, you'll see it on your watch, but it won't be added to your saved clock faces.
- To see your saved clock faces from your watch, open the Clocks app and swipe to find the clock face you want to use. Tap to select it.
- To see your saved clock faces in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Clock Faces. You see your saved clock faces in My Clock Faces.
- To remove a clock face, tap the clock face > Remove Clock Face.
- To switch to a saved clock face, tap the clock face > Select.
The Bitmoji clock face is available on Ionic and Versa series watches. Before installing this clock face, you need a Bitmoji account linked to a Snapchat account. For more information on downloading Bitmoji and linking your Bitmoji and Snapchat accounts, see Bitmoji’s help article.
To install the Bitmoji clock face:
- With your watch nearby, in the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
- Tap Clock Faces > All Clocks.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon and search for Bitmoji.
- In the results, tap the Bitmoji clock face result > Select > Install.
- After the clock face installs, tap Settings.
- In the Snapchat Connection section, tap Connect.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your Snapchat account and connect it to Fitbit.
After you connect your accounts, your watch downloads a variety of Bitmoji stickers. Keep your phone close to your watch during this process, and make sure the Fitbit app continues to run in the background. If the Snapchat Connection status is stuck at 0%, or you see a message instructing you to make sure your Bitmoji is linked to Snapchat, link your Bitmoji and Snapchat accounts using the instructions in Bitmoji’s help article.
If you change your Bitmoji avatar’s appearance or outfit, update your clock face by tapping Sync Bitmoji in the clock face settings. Your watch downloads a new set of stickers.
For more information about the Bitmoji clock face, see our blog post Bitmoji and Fitbit Clock Face Partnership.