Use quick replies to send customized responses to text messages and messages from certain messaging apps with your Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa. This feature is currently available on devices paired to an Android phone (7.0+). Devices paired to an iPhone or Windows 10 phone can respond to Fitbit app notifications, such as messages, cheers, taunts, and friend requests.
How do I set up quick replies from my Fitbit device?
Quick replies are automatically turned on for any supported apps that send notifications from your phone to your Fitbit device. For instructions on how to turn on notifications, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
To receive and respond to messages from your device, your phone must be nearby with Bluetooth turned on.
How do I use quick replies on my Fitbit device?
When you receive a notification from your phone, your device vibrates. To respond with a quick reply:
- Tap the notification on your device. To see recent messages, swipe down from the clock face.
- Tap Reply or Replies. If you don’t see an option to reply to the message, quick replies aren’t available for the app that sent the notification.
- Choose a text reply from the list of quick replies or tap the emoji icon to choose an emoji.
How do I customize the quick replies on my Fitbit device?
Each app has a list of 5 default quick replies. To change the quick replies:
- From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
- Tap Notifications > Quick Replies.
- Tap the app you want to change the quick replies for. To change the default quick replies for all apps, tap Default Replies.
- Tap the reply you want to change and enter the text you want to use instead. Replies are limited to 60 characters.
- Tap the back arrow to return to the list of apps and automatically save your changes.
- Sync your device. The next time you receive a message notification from that app, your new reply is included in the list of quick replies on your device.
Which apps let me send quick replies from my Fitbit device?
Apps that allow you to reply to a message directly from the notification on your Android phone also support quick replies on your Fitbit device. This includes, but isn’t limited to, apps such as:
- Text messages
- Facebook Messenger
Note that devices paired to an iPhone or Windows 10 phone can only respond to Fitbit app notifications.