How do I take on-wrist phone calls with my Fitbit smartwatch?
Use the built-in speaker and microphone in Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3 to take calls from your wrist.
For information on receiving phone call notifications on your watch, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
- From the Today tab in the Fitbit app on your phone, tap your profile picture your device image On-Wrist Calls Start Setup.
- If you're unable to start the on-wrist call setup, open the Settings app on your watch Vibration & Audio. In the On-wrist calls section, tap Sense Controls or Versa 3 Controls, and then proceed to the next step.
- On your phone, tap Settings Bluetooth. Your phone scans for available devices.
- When you see Sense Controls or Versa 3 Controls as an available device, tap it. A number appears on your phone screen.
- When the same number appears on your watch, tap Pair.
- Return to the Fitbit app on your phone. Tap Done to complete setup.
Note: You must be on Fitbit OS 5.1 or later to receive calls on your Fitbit device. When you set up or update your device, you’re prompted to set up the on-wrist call feature.
- When you receive a phone call, tap the green phone icon on your watch. Note that your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background.
- Speak into your watch to talk to the other person. You hear their voice from the speaker on your watch.
- To adjust the volume of the speaker, tap the speaker icon minus icon or plus icon . Swipe right to return to the previous screen.
- To mute yourself, tap the microphone icon . Tap the same icon to unmute yourself.
- To switch to a keypad, tap the 3 dots icon Keypad. Swipe right to return to the previous screen.
- To end the call, tap the red phone icon .
- During an on-wrist call, tap the 3 dots icon Phone to move the call to your phone.
- To move the call back to your watch, tap the watch icon .
Note that if you answer a call with your phone, you can’t switch the call to your watch.
If you can’t answer on-wrist calls, check the following requirements:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
- Make sure your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
- Keep your phone nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background. Your phone should be within 30 feet (10 meters) of your watch.
- Call notifications must be turned on. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
If you continue to have issues, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- On your phone, turn Bluetooth off and back on.
- Restart your Fitbit device. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
- Remove Sense Controls or Versa 3 Controls from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone.
- Set up on-wrist calls again. For instructions, see How do I set up on-wrist calls on my Fitbit device?
Note that Sense Controls or Versa 3 Controls might be listed as “Not Connected” in the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone. When you receive a phone call, the controls automatically reconnect. This feature requires more frequent charging.
Was this information helpful?