How do I share my real-time heart rate with fitness equipment and apps?
Connect Fitbit Charge 6 to compatible exercise machines and apps to see your real-time heart rate directly on the display1.
- Charge 6 is intended to be compatible with fitness equipment/apps that use the Bluetooth Heart Rate Profile.
We tested and confirmed connectivity for the latest models of iFit, NordicTrack, Peloton, Concept2, and Tonal. Your Charge 6 will work with other equipment/apps not listed here, but not all Bluetooth-compatible devices and apps will connect or behave similarly. Additional devices and apps will be added to this list in the future.
- Swipe down from the clock face and tap HR on equipment.
- Follow the instructions on your workout machine or fitness app to connect a Bluetooth heart rate monitor.
- When Charge 6 connects, a screen appears on your tracker, asking to share your heart rate. Tap Share.
- Tap Start on your tracker to start your exercise.
- End the exercise on Charge 6 to stop sharing your heart rate.
Alternatively, Charge 6 can pair with fitness equipment/apps during the first two minutes after you start a workout in the Exercise app on your Charge 6.
If you have trouble connecting Charge 6 to a compatible device or app listed above, make sure Charge 6 and your fitness equipment are fully up-to-date. For instructions on how to update Charge 6, see How do I update my Fitbit device? To update your fitness equipment firmware, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
After updating, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Restart Charge 6. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
- Make sure Charge 6 isn’t currently connected to any other fitness equipment or apps. You can only use this feature with one piece of equipment or app at a time.
- Disconnect or unpair Charge 6 from the fitness equipment or app you want to use, turn off Bluetooth on your equipment, then turn it back on and try to pair again.
- If you’re trying to connect to a fitness app, close any fitness apps previously used with your Charge 6 and re-open the app you intend to use.
1 Sharing real-time heart rate to fitness equipment impacts battery life of your device.
Was this information helpful?