Food scanning is available with the Fitbit apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
How do I scan a food item?
To scan a food item:
- From the app dashboard, tap either the "calories eaten" or "calories left" tile.
- Tap the "+" in the top right corner.
- Tap the barcode icon near the top right corner.
- Ensure that your item's entire barcode is within the scanning area. If your item is in our database you will see a summary.
- Change any quantities, if necessary, then tap "Save" or "+ Save and add more" if you would like to log additional items.
My food item isn't scanning. What do I do?
Please ensure that your item's entire barcode is within the scanning area.
If you are attempting to scan an item and the item does not scan, tap the X to exit the scanner and search for the food. If the food item does not appear within the search results please create a custom food by tapping Custom > Add Custom Food.
Can I add a barcode to the food database?
If you scan an item that isn't in our food database, you'll see the option to submit it as an addition.
I don't have the barcode scanning option. Am I doing something wrong?
Please note that at this time the barcode scanning feature is only available for US food database users. If you have chosen a non-US food database, you will not see the option for barcode scanning.
To check which food database you're using:
- From your mobile dashboard, tap Account in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Food Database.