Food scanning is available with the Fitbit apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Windows 10.
How do I scan a food item?
To scan a food item:
- From the app dashboard, tap either the "calories eaten" or "calories left" tile.
- Tap the "+" in the top right corner.
- Tap the barcode icon near the top right corner.
- Ensure that your item's entire barcode is within the scanning area. If your item is in our database you'll see a summary.
- Change any quantities, if necessary, and don't forget to save.
With the Fitbit app for Windows 10, you can also tap or click the Quick Actions menu and tap or click Scan Barcode.
My food item isn't scanning. What do I do?
Ensure that your item's entire barcode is within the scanning area.
If an item won't scan, tap the X to exit the scanner and search for the food. If the food item does not appear within the search results, create a custom food by tapping Custom > Add Custom Food.
Can I add a barcode to the food database?
If you scan an item that isn't in our food database, you'll see the option to submit it as an addition.
Why doesn't barcode scanning work?
At this time barcode scanning is only available for customers using the US food database. If you have chosen a non-US food database, you'll see the barcode scanning option but it won't work.
To check which food database you're using:
- On your app dashboard, tap Account.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Food Database.