Flex is designed to track your progress to a specific goal that you define on your Fitbit.com dashboard. You can set goals for steps taken, calories burned, distance traveled, or active minutes.
You can only identify one goal at a time, but you can change your goal at any time. This article explains how to change your goal using your Fitbit.com (web) dashboard. You can also change your goal using the Fitbit apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
To set your goal:
- Log in to your Fitbit.com dashboard.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Under Daily Goal Progress, choose the goal you want to work toward.
- Sync your Flex to transfer the new goal to your tracker.
Once you’ve selected the goal you want to track your progress toward, you can set a specific value for that goal (for example, setting your distance goal to 15,000 steps per day instead of 10,000). To do so:
- On your dashboard, find the tile that corresponds to your goal. For example, the steps tile.
- In the lower left corner of the tile, click the gear icon.
- Change the value as desired and click Save.
When you tap your Flex twice with your finger, the LED indicator lights will illuminate to show how much of your goal you’ve accomplished. Each fully lit indicator represents 20% of your total goal. The blinking light shows the segment of the goal that you are working on.
When you reach your goal, your Flex will vibrate and flash the LED indicator lights to celebrate.