Connect with your Fitbit friends to share data and compete against one another on the leaderboard. This article explains how to add and manage friends using your fitbit.com dashboard. For Fitbit app instructions, see
To add a friend:
- Log into your fitbit dashboard and find the Friends tile.
- Click one of two options:
- Find Your Friends connects your Facebook and Fitbit accounts and provides a list of your Facebook friends so you can send a Fitbit friend invitation. If you don't see any Facebook friends, they probably do not have their Facebook and Fitbit accounts connected. (You can suggest they log into their Fitbit dashboard, click the gear icon in the upper right, and go to Settings > Sharing.)
- Send Email lets you send someone an invitation to join Fitbit and become your friend.
- If you don't see the Friends tile on your dashboard:
- Click the Tab icon on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click the checkbox next to the tile you'd like to add.
- Click Done once you've selected the tiles.
Fitbit allows users to connect with a maximum of 2,000 friends through our website and apps.
To remove a friend:
- Click the person's name on your Friends list.
- Hover over the teal "friends" button to the right of that person's photo. The button will turn pink and an "X" will appear.
- Click the X to confirm that you want to remove the friend. He or she will no longer appear on your leaderboard and won't have access to your shared data.
Hiding your step count from friend rankings
At any time you can show or hide your step count:
- Log into your Fitbit dashboard and click the gear icon at the top right.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Personal Info, scroll to the bottom of the page and find Preferences.
- Toggle your Friend Rankings setting to either Show Me or Hide Me depending on your preference.
- Don't forget to save your changes.