A silent alarm uses vibration to gently awake or alert you at the time specified. You can set up to eight silent alarms to occur once or on multiple days of the week. The following trackers support silent alarms:
- Charge HR
The steps below explain how to set up silent alarms using a computer. For mobile instructions, refer to Managing silent alarms with the Fitbit app for iOS
, Managing silent alarms with the Fitbit app for Android
or Managing silent alarms with the Fitbit app for Windows Phone
To set an alarm:
- Log into your dashboard at Fitbit.com.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
- Using the navigation tabs at left, find Silent Alarms.
- Click the Add Alarm button.
- Enter the Time you want the alarm to alert you.
- Choose how often you want the alarm to occur. If you select Repeats, you can choose which days you want this alarm to repeat each week.
- Click Save. If the entry box turns red, you may have entered your alarm time in an incorrect format. You do not need to type in "AM" or "PM" in this space, but you do need to include a colon between hours and minutes.
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon (located near the date and time on your computer) and select Sync Now to send the alarm to your tracker.
Responding to Alarms
Your tracker will vibrate and light up when a silent alarm goes off. This notification repeats several times or until dismissed.
On your Fitbit Surge™, you can snooze an alarm by pressing the button next to the Snooze indicator (zz). The alarm will vibrate and illuminate again in 9 minutes. You can snooze an alarm repeatedly.
To dismiss an alarm:
- On your Fitbit Flex™, double-tap the window between alarm vibrations. You will know your alarm has been dismissed when one light in the middle of the display appears and then slowly fades away. If you do not dismiss your alarm, your tracker will alert you again after 9 minutes.
- On your Fitbit One™, Fitbit Force™, Fitbit Charge™, or Fitbit Charge HR™, press the tracker's button. Your device will stop vibrating and return to normal functionality. If you do not dismiss your alarm, your tracker will alert you again after 9 minutes.
- On your Surge, press the button next to the Dismiss indicator (x). Your device will return to the screen that was previously displayed. If you do not dismiss your alarm, it will remain onscreen until you snooze or dismiss it.