If you followed the instructions in How do I set up my Fitbit tracker on a computer?, your Fitbit tracker should automatically sync with your computer as described in How do I get data from my tracker to my computer? If your tracker isn't syncing, verify the requirements below and then try the troubleshooting steps.
First, verify that the following requirements are met.
- Fitbit Connect is installed. To check, make sure you see the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer. If you can't find Fitbit Connect, try the set up instructions again paying special attention to steps 1 and 2 to ensure you install Fitbit Connect. Once it is installed, you'll be guided through the set up process.
- Your tracker is paired with your Fitbit account. To check, log into your Fitbit.com account and click the gear icon in the top right corner. You should see an icon representing your tracker in the drop-down menu. If you don't see an icon in this menu, your tracker wasn't set up properly with your account. To get set up, click the Fitbit Connect icon, click Open Main Menu, and then click Set Up a New Device. Fitbit Connect will walk you through the set up process.
- Your wireless sync dongle is plugged in and recognized by your computer.
To make sure your computer recognizes the dongle, click the Fitbit Connect icon. If you see "Couldn't Find Wireless Sync Dongle" at the top, try plugging the dongle into a different USB port. Make sure you're using an actual port on your computer and not an accessory or USB hub.
If your account is set up properly and your tracker isn't syncing:
- Try initiating a manual sync:
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon and click Open Main Menu.
- With your charged tracker nearby, click Sync Now.
- You may be asked to sign in to your Fitbit account, after which your tracker should sync. If you see a message saying your tracker can't be found, wake it up by pressing its button (most trackers) or tapping it (Flex).
- Check if your tracker synced by clicking the gear icon in the top right of your fitbit.com dashboard. You'll see the last sync time below the image of the tracker.
- If your tracker didn't sync, restart your tracker using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
- Try a manual sync once again.
- If your tracker still won't sync, uninstall and reinstall Fitbit Connect using the instructions in How do I reinstall Fitbit Connect?
- If your tracker won't sync after reinstalling Fitbit Connect, please contact Customer Support for further assistance.