If your tracker is not syncing with the Fitbit app for Android, verify the requirements below and try the troubleshooting steps. To understand how syncing between trackers and Android devices works, see How do Fitbit trackers sync with Android devices?
First, verify the following:
- You've installed the Fitbit app for Android on a supported device. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
- Your Android software is updated to the latest version. Check for software updates by tapping Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
- Bluetooth is enabled on your Android device and the Fitbit app. To check Bluetooth connectivity in the Fitbit app, tap the menu button in the top left corner, tap Devices, and verify that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Your Android device is not managing multiple Bluetooth connections at the same time. For more information, see The Fitbit app for Android is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.
- You're not trying to sync with multiple mobile devices after enabling call or text notifications. For more information, see Why is my tracker only syncing with one mobile device?
- Your Android device is not in Power Savings Mode. This mode frequently causes the device to disable Bluetooth in order to save power.
If all the requirements are met but your tracker is not syncing, make sure it is charged and near your mobile device before trying the following:
- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.
- If a sync didn't happen, try turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on. Try syncing again.
- If a sync didn't occur, try rebooting your Android device and then reopen the Fitbit app.
- If a sync didn't occur when you reopened the app, restart your tracker using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
- If your tracker won't sync after the restart, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app before trying to sync one last time.
If you can't sync after trying these troubleshooting steps, please contact Customer Support
so we can investigate.