To set up your Fitbit Ultra tracker on a computer, do the following:
- Make sure that your tracker is on by holding down the its button for a few seconds. If your tracker does not illuminate, place it on a plugged-in base station to charge it. Unplug your base station once your tracker is charged.
- Go to www.fitbit.com/start/ultra and click the pink "Download" button to get the free Fitbit software.
- Once the software has downloaded, open it up and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are on a Mac, open the dmg file. If it does not appear on your desktop, search for "Fitbit Connect" in Spotlight.
If you are on a PC, open the .zip file, then open the .exe file that is unzipped. If it does not appear on your desktop, search for "Fitbit" in the Start menu.
- Once the software is open, sign up or log into an existing Fitbit.com account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Plug your base station into your computer and place your Ultra tracker on it. If you have any trackers in addition to your Fitbit Ultra, please move them out of the room.
- After you click "next", the software will begin to look for your tracker. A pairing number will appear on your Ultra tracker's display once it has been located. It may take up to 30 seconds for this number to appear.
- After clicking "next", your tracker will connect to Fitbit.com. This can take up to a minute.
- You'll be prompted to enter the greeting for your Fitbit Ultra. This greeting can be your name or any 8 character long combination of letters or numbers. When you click "next", your personalized greeting will be sent to your tracker. This can take up to 30 seconds.
- When your tracker has been linked with your Fitbit account, you will see a "You're all set!" screen. Once your tracker is linked to Fitbit.com, you can log into your Dashboard to see all of your synced data.