Fitbit may occasionally release updates for your tracker available through the Fitbit Connect software on your computer. Updating your tracker will keep you up-to-date with the latest feature enhancements and product improvements.
Updating your Fitbit tracker can take up to 5 minutes and is demanding on its battery. While performing an update on a Force, Flex, or One, we recommend keeping your tracker in its charging cable.
To update your tracker using a computer, follow these steps:
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon near the clock on your computer and bring up the Main Menu.
- From the Main Menu of Fitbit Connect, choose the Check for device update option.
- Log into Fitbit.com using your account email address and password.Make sure that your tracker is nearby and that your wireless sync dongle is plugged into the computer.
- Fitbit Connect will now look for your tracker. If a new update is available, Fitbit Connect will display a progress bar indicating that the update is being applied. Keep your tracker close to the computer until the update is finished.
- Once the update completes, Fitbit Connect will display a confirmation screen. Your tracker will now restart, and you can continue using it with the latest update applied.
You can also update your Fitbit tracker using a mobile device:
- Update your Fitbit tracker from the Fitbit App for iOS
- Update your Fitbit tracker from the Fitbit App for Android
Difficulty Updating Your Tracker
If you cannot locate the Fitbit Connect icon on your computer:
- On MacOS: enter "Fitbit Connect" into the Spotlight search box.
- On Windows: enter "Fitbit Connect" into the Start menu search box.
- If a search on your computer does not bring up Fitbit Connect, you may need to reinstall it from http://www.fitbit.com/setup.
If an update failed to complete on your Flex:
- Your tracker's LED indicator lights may cycle back and forth repeatedly, from left to right. Your Flex no may longer respond to taps, charging, or resets.
- Try restarting your tracker.
- Attempt to update your tracker again using a different method if possible (e.g. if you used a mobile app to update the first time, use Fitbit Connect on your computer instead.).
- If you are unable to resolve this issue, please contact support for further troubleshooting.