You can connect with your Fitbit friends using either your computer or mobile device to share data and compete against one another.
If you use the Tile Dashboard:
- After logging onto your Fitbit Dashboard, find the Friends tile.
- Hover your mouse over this tile, and click Find Your Friends to invite Facebook friends or click Send Email to invite friends. If you don't see the friends tile on your dashboard:
- Click the Tab icon on the left side of the dashboard.
- Click the checkbox next to the tile you'd like to add.
- Click Done once you've selected the tiles.
If you use the Classic Dashboard:
- After logging onto your Fitbit Dashboard, find the Friends section on the right.
- Click Find Friends, then click either the Facebook or email option.
- The Facebook option will connect you to any friends who own a Fitbit and have their information linked to their Facebook account. If you are already logged into your Facebook account, you will be taken to the site directly. If you aren't logged into your Facebook account yet, you will be prompted to do so. If none of your Facebook friends are connected to Fitbit, you will have the option to invite them via email.
- The email invite option will allow you to manually enter a friend's email address.
- Once you hit the Invite button, your friends will be asked to accept your friend request.
- After your friend accepts the request you will be connected and can view each other's daily and weekly progress. You can cheer on, gently taunt, or send each other messages of encouragement as well by hovering your mouse over a friend's name in the Friends Tile and clicking the appropriate icon.
You can also manage your Fitbit friends using a mobile device:
- To remove a friend, locate the person you would like to remove from your Friends list.
- Click on the name.
- On the next screen, hover over the teal "friends" button to the right of that person's photo. The button will turn pink and an "X" will appear.
- Once you click this pink button, a warning box will appear to confirm the removal of this friend.
This friend will no longer appear in your Leaderboard or have access to your shared data.
Hiding your step count from Friend Rankings
- Go to your Fitbit Dashboard and click the gear icon at the top-right.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Personal Info," scroll to the bottom of the page and look under "Preferences."
- Toggle your Friend Rankings setting to either "Show Me" or "Hide Me" depending on your preference.