Different types of data can be removed from your Fitbit account. For instructions on deactivating your account, see How do I deactivate my account?
How do I delete steps and floors?
There is currently no way to delete steps and floors outright, but you can negate them using the following steps:
- Go to your Activity Log.
- Select the date or dates that you'd like to clear data from.
- In the activity menu, type in "Automobile or light truck (not a semi) driving" and enter the duration and start time.
- Click Log Activity. You will see your steps, floors, and calories burned decrease for the time period specified.
How do I delete profile data from my tracker?Fitbit takes the height, weight, and age measurements entered on your profile and transfers them to the Fitbit device in order to properly calculate your stride length (which helps determine your distance walked or run), calorie burn, and active minutes.
To delete your profile measurements from your tracker, the tracker must be set up to a different account. Once a tracker is set up to a different account, it will automatically unlink itself from the dashboard and all of the tracker’s stored data will be permanently deleted from the tracker. You can find instructions on how to create a new account in the following articles:
- How do I set up my Fitbit tracker on a computer
- Setting up your tracker with the Fitbit app for iOS
- Setting up your tracker with the Fitbit app for Android
How do I delete my greeting?
If you have a tracker with a greeting and would like to delete it, please do the following:
- Log into your Fitbit.com dashboard
- Click the gear icon in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- Choose your activity tracker from the dropdown menu; you will be taken to the settings page.
- Delete your greeting from the greeting field.
- Sync your tracker. Your greeting will now disappear from your tracker’s display.