To set up your Fitbit tracker on a computer using Fitbit Connect:
- Go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup/ and click the Download Here button to download Fitbit Connect for your Force, Flex, One, or Zip tracker. If you have an Ultra, you should instead follow these steps.
- Once the download has completed, open the file and begin to follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are on a Mac, open the dmg file. If it doesn't appear on your desktop, search for "Fitbit Connect" in Spotlight.
If you are on a PC, run the .exe file from your download location. If it doesn't appear on your desktop, search for "Fitbit Connect" in the Start menu.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be presented with the Fitbit Connect Main Menu. Select Set Up A New Fitbit Device.
- Account Setup:
- Select New to Fitbit if you don’t already have a Fitbit.com account.
- Select Existing User to log in using your existing Fitbit.com account.
- You will be asked for a few details about yourself. This information improves the accuracy of your caloric burn and distance data. You can later adjust your privacy settings to control which details are shared with others.
- After filling out your personal information, you'll be asked which device you're setting up. Select the appropriate tracker to continue.
- Plug the wireless USB sync dongle into your computer (this is the smaller USB device--not the charging cable), and bring your tracker near to it to begin pairing.
- Tracker Pairing:
- Force, One, or Zip: You will see a pairing number that appears on your tracker's display once your device has been located; enter this number on your computer.
- Flex: Follow the onscreen instructions and rapidly tap the device when instructed, then confirm its vibration.
- After clicking Next, your tracker will connect to your Fitbit.com account. This can take up to a minute.
- Once your tracker has connected to Fitbit.com, you may be prompted to enter a greeting (depending on which tracker you have). This can be your name or any 8-character combination of letters or numbers.
- When your tracker is linked with your Fitbit account, Fitbit Connect will notify you and present some basic instructions on using your device.
- You can now log into your account dashboard to view your synced data.
You will not need to repeat these steps once they have completed--you can simply login to http://fitbit.com to access your dashboard.