Notifications from your phone
Charge 5 can show call
Set up notifications
Check that Bluetooth on your phone is on and that your phone can receive notifications (often under Settings Notifications). Then set up notifications:
- From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture Charge 5 tile.
- Tap Notifications.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your tracker if you haven't already. Call
, text, and calendarnotifications are turned on automatically.
- To turn on notifications from apps installed on your phone, including Fitbit and WhatsApp, tap App Notifications and turn on the notifications you want to see.
Note that if you have an iPhone, Charge 5 shows notifications from all calendars synced to the Calendar app. If you have an Android phone, Charge 5 shows calendar notifications from the calendar app you chose during setup.
For more information, see the related help article.
See incoming notifications
A notification causes your tracker to vibrate. Tap the notification to expand the message.
If you don't read the notification when it arrives, you can check it later in the Notifications app . Swipe right or left to the Notifications app , then swipe up to open it. Your tracker shows the first 250 characters of the notification. Check your phone for the full message.
Charge 5 stores up to 10 notifications, after which the oldest are replaced as you receive new ones.
Manage notifications in the Notifications app :
- Swipe up to scroll through your notifications, and tap any notification to expand it.
- To delete a notification, tap to expand it, then swipe to the bottom and tap Clear.
- To delete all notifications at once, swipe up until you reach the end of your notifications and tap Clear All.
- To exit the notifications screen, swipe right.
Turn off notifications
Turn off certain notifications in the Fitbit app, or turn off all notifications in quick settings on Charge 5. When you turn off all notifications, your tracker won't vibrate and the screen won't turn on when your phone receives a notification.
To turn off certain notifications:
- From the Today tab in the Fitbit app on your phone, tap your profile picture Charge 5 tile Notifications.
- Turn off the notifications you no longer want to receive on your tracker.
To turn off all notifications:
- From the clock face, swipe down to access quick settings.
- Turn on DND Mode . All notifications and reminders are turned off.
Note that if you use the do not disturb setting on your phone, you don't receive notifications on your tracker until you turn off this setting.
Answer or reject phone calls
If paired to an iPhone or Android phone, Charge 5 lets you accept or reject incoming phone calls.
To accept a call, tap the green phone icon on your tracker's screen.
The caller's name appears if that person is in your contacts list; otherwise you see a phone number.
Respond to messages (Android phones)
Respond directly to text messages and notifications from certain apps on your tracker with preset quick replies. Keep your phone nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background to respond to messages from your tracker.
To respond to a message:
- Open the notification you want to respond to.
- Choose how to reply to the message:
- Tap the text icon to respond to a message from a list of quick replies.
- Tap the emoji icon to respond to the message with an emoji.
For more information, including how to customize quick replies, see the related help article.