Notifications from your phone
Inspire 2 can show call
Set up notifications
Check that Bluetooth on your phone is on and that your phone can receive notifications (often under Settings Notifications). Then set up notifications:
- From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap the devices icon Inspire 2.
- Tap Notifications.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your tracker if you haven't already. Call
, text, and calendarnotifications are turned on automatically.
- To turn on notifications from apps installed on your phone, including Fitbit and WhatsApp, tap App Notifications and turn on the notifications you want to see.
Note that if you have an iPhone, Inspire 2 shows notifications from all calendars synced to the Calendar app. If you have an Android phone, Inspire 2 shows calendar notifications from the calendar app you chose during setup.
For more information, see the related help article.
See incoming notifications
When your phone and Inspire 2 are within range, a notification causes the tracker to vibrate.
- Phone calls—the name or number of the caller scrolls once. Press the buttons to dismiss the notification.
- Text messages—the name of the sender scrolls once above the message. Swipe up to read the full message.
- Calendar alerts—the name of the event scrolls once above the time and location.
- App notifications—the name of the app or sender scrolls once above the message. Swipe up to read the full message.
To read a notification later, swipe down from the clock face, and tap the Notifications app . Tap a notification to expand the message.
Note: Your tracker shows the first 250 characters of the notification. Check your phone for the full message.
Turn off notifications
Turn off certain notifications in the Fitbit app, or turn off all notifications in quick settings on Inspire 2. When you turn off all notifications, your tracker won't vibrate and the screen won't turn on when your phone receives a notification.
To turn off certain notifications:
- From the Today tab in the Fitbit app on your phone, tap the devices icon Inspire 2 Notifications.
- Turn off the notifications you no longer want to receive on your tracker.
To turn off all notifications:
- Press and hold the buttons on your tracker.
- Tap DND to turn on do not disturb. The DND icon illuminates to indicate that all notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders are turned off.
Note that if you use the do not disturb setting on your phone, you don't receive notifications on your tracker until you turn off this setting.